Thursday, August 16, 2007

Landing the Rocket

Was playing Nintendo Super Monkey Ball for the Wii today. (Which is quite a trick without opposable thumbs, thank you very much). There's a game in there where you land a rocket ship on a target. You're granted a thruster with limited fuel that keeps you in the air and helps you gently land the craft. The closest to the center wins.

It reminded me of life with the center target being total and pure contentment. In the game I spent most of my time thrusting this way and that overshooting the target and then having to thrust the other way and overshooting again.

For starters, lets begin with the goal - to bring a smile to God's face. This means doing what God wants you to do. BUT sometimes I try too hard and end up working and working on stuff and not just listening and talking with Him. But God gifts us to help others not just sit on our shells and pray. So finding the balance is the trick.

And sometimes just letting go. I wonder if we plan so much that there's no room left in the plan for His plan. Perhaps we should take a break from all our ministries and wake up each morning (not just Sunday) and ask God what we can do for Him today. Ministry is suddenly simpler if it's day by day. Send an anonymous money order to someone in need. Encourage someone with words or a card. Then go to bed and see what He says tomorrow.

Just a thought. By the way, I got beat by a ten year old - I landed my rocket on its side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home