Saturday, February 16, 2008

Could God Create a Rock...

so big that even He couldn't pick it up? This is the question I got from the guy sitting next to me on my flight home.

When these words first left his mouth, I wanted to roll my eyes and pretend that I was a deaf mute. I was then surprised to hear this guy say one of the most profound things.

He said, "this is a conversation that I recently had with my mother who is suffering through the sunset years of Alzheimer's disease. After I asked my mother this, she went on to say, 'of couse He could. He's God...and then in the next moment, he could move it. He's God."'

I think this may be the best answer I have ever heard in my life. Sometimes I think we miss out on knowledge because

1) we pretend to be deaf mutes when people actually have something profound to say.
2) we ask the wrong questions
3) We limit God's abilities by our limited knowledge of Him.

The more I learn in my studies, the more I realize I need to learn.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home