Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tax Season

I paid my taxes today. I keep looking out my window waiting for an IRS agent to bust down my door to kick me in the pants and call it a day.

Holy Cow! (Sorry Jean-Luc, no disrespect intended) Every year when I fill out my taxes I'm walk away from my calculator feeling more stupid than when I first begun. Could it be that I should have paid a little more attention in jr. high math class? Maybe.

Could it be that our tax code is so ridiculous that you have to an accountant to know all the ends and outs? Most definitely.

Could it be that we need another Boston Tea Party to remind the establishment that we are not above abusing beverages to show our angst in paying taxes? Probably not...but then again... hmmmm

The thought occurred to me that the IRS preys off the laziness of Americans. No, it really does. You actually have to work to get all the discounts and benefits of the tax law. They know that we Americans will generally take the path of least resistence and thus pay to have our taxes done by one of their cronies or pay through the nose.

I think I hear a knock at the door...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home