Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fear

If you had no fear, what would you do for God?

No, seriously. If you didn't allow your fears or worries to drive your decisions, what would you attempt to do for God? What ideas would you pursue? What dreams would you chase with all of your might? What wrongs in this world would your try to correct?

I know I may be the smartest lilly on the pond but it seems to me that God didn't give us a spirit of timidity; but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline.

I don't think it is a coincidence that there are 365 references to fear in the Bible. I fully believe that God knew that we would need each one of these verses to help us make it to the next day.

That is how this turtle sees taking steps of faith. You just take that first step and then see what God does with it...and then you keep doing it until He tells us to stop.

Is following God's calling scary? Absolutely. I'm not going to candy coat that one at all. But its also the safest place one could ever be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home